Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cheapest Spirit XR425 Recumbent Exercise Bike Trainer


I purchased this bike only because my bad ankles necessitated that I give up the impact of the treadmill I have used regularly for many years. None of the other product reviews discussed the bicycle's quality, solidity or dependability, which were my main concerns as I must exercise daily or die.

Assembly was easy and took me approx 3 hours including unpacking. But I'm almost 80 and not very fast anymore. The parts were individually packaged and cross-referenced to each step in the printed instructions. The components all seem to be well made and fit nicely together. The feel of the unit in motion is smooth, quiet and solid. I've had it for only one week so can't comment on durability but am encouraged by what seems to be good quality construction.

The electronic programs were of no interest to me as I use the bike only in manual mode. The only gizmo of interest to me was the pulse readout display. It doesn't work. The readings bounce around wildly with hands on or off the grip's sensor. I would otherwise have given the unit a 5-star rating.Get more detail about Spirit XR425 Recumbent Exercise Bike Trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment