Saturday, December 26, 2009

Lifecore LC-800RB Recumbent Exercise Bike Decide Now


About me:
Former athlete who's busy and hates to work out. I like to snowboard and wakeboard and needed something to improve leg strength.
Also, I'm closing in on 50 and in need of an efficient method for improving cardio.
Very reluctant to plunk down major cash for a clothes hanger.
Can't stand treadmills and I don't like riding a bicycle.
Suffer from light ankle and knee issues that compelled me to find a low-impact solution.
I'm 6'4" 225 lbs now...I was 6'4" 190 lbs in college.

+'s
Solid construction and easy to put together - just a half dozen things that need to be installed - good directions and decent quality parts.

Intuitive interface and easy to understand programs. Cardio analysis seems decent - good enough but not as good as the mayo clinic. Resistance levels seem to be adequate - the first level was actually a bit stiffer than I would have guessed the first time I sat down...it's crazy easy now after two weeks of riding.

I can multi-task while working out! I can read, play guitar, listen to music - a bit of a revelation for me. Can't do that on a track or a treadmill.

Prior to shopping for a bike I had never uttered the word recumbent. My first instinct was to buy an upright - seemed normal to me. After some research tho I eventually leaned toward the recumbent and this one in particular - it's actually at about a 30 degree angle - not horizontal - so it's easy on the back and puts you in a position to multi-task!

Very quiet and small footprint.

Amazon delivery efficient and timely as usual.

-'s
haven't come across one yet but if you're taller than 6'4" you'll need to build a back seat - I'm all the way back and it's just right.
Get more detail about Lifecore LC-800RB Recumbent Exercise Bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment